We would like to thank all our judges who have donated their time and expertise to be with us at the CS Fair.
- Gabriel HarwoodJava Developer from Dealer.comGabriel Harwood is a Java Developer at Dealer.com where his position focuses on providing data and data-integration services for digital marketing solutions. In the past, Gabe has worked for start-ups in Healthcare Information Systems as well as Educational mobile applications out of Tucson, Arizona. He received his bachelors degree in Computer Science from The University of Vermont in 2007.
- John Cohn from IBMJohn Cohn is an IBM Fellow in IBM Corporate Technical Strategy. His current focus is on physical infrastructure for Smarter Cities, open data, machine to machine communications and real time data analytics.
- Mark ManningVice President and Managing Director of Healthcare from PegaMark Manning is the Vice President and Managing Director of Healthcare at Pegasystems. Mr. Manning has managed the growth of the healthcare business at Pegasystems over the past ten years, growing annual revenues in healthcare to over $150 million. Mark has over 25 years of healthcare management experience. Prior to Pegasystems, Mark was Senior Vice President and Managing Director of the Payer and Life Sciences businesses at Solucient, LLC (formerly HCIA), responsible for the creation and growth of these business units specializing in care management applications and clinical decision support. Mark was Senior Vice President of Sales and Account Management at Codman Research Group, a population care management company. Mark was also Vice President and Senior Program Manager for HMO Blue in Massachusetts, managing the Utilization Management, Case Management and Healthcare Informatics efforts. Mark holds a degree in Applied Mathematics-Engineering from the University of Vermont, a Master of Healthcare Administration from the University of Massachusetts, and Executive Degrees in Business Management from the University of Tennessee and Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Mark has a background in Total Quality Management, Statistical Process Control, and Healthcare Informatics.
- Michael TamlynSoftware Developer from Galen Healthcare SolutionsMichael Tamlyn is a professional and enthusiast software developer who resides in Shelburne, VT with his wife and shiny-new daughter. Mike has had a variety of responsibilities at multiple organizations including managing a LAN gaming center, developing an intranet, building integrations, performing conversions, implementing large-scale multi-application systems, and most recently designing products and architecting software. He graduated from UVM with a degree in Computer Science and Information Systems in 2003. Recently, Mike was part of a team that took first place in HackVT 2013.
- Peter Brown from Agilion AppsPeter is an experienced Ruby and Rails developer with a strong passion for software craftsmanship. His professional development experience includes building, maintaining, and leading a variety of enterprise-level Ruby on Rails web applications for fast-growth startups. He co-founded both the Burlington Web Application Group and the Burlington Ruby Group, and co-organizes the annual Burlington Ruby Conference.
- Thomas HoffSenior Vice President, Information Technology from State Street CorporationThomas has over 25 years professional experience in technology starting out as a software developer in the Healthcare vertical for a few years, then moving into Financial Services where he has spent the majority of his career.
Thomas has worked in many location is in the United States and abroad including Silicon Valley, New York City, Atlanta, Boston and Europe. Thomas has worked at large Financial Services organizations as an employee and also spent a significant portion of his career as a consultant working for various firms.
- Tim KenneyPresident & CTO from My Web GrocerTim Kenney is President & CTO of MyWebGrocer, which builds and manages digital grocery solutions for more than 140 retailers and 200 major consumer packaged goods brands nationally. MyWebGrocer also hosts HackVT, a local Hackathon where participants work to build a killer app in 24 hours.
- Bill WixonSoftware Engineer from My Web Grocer
- Chris PaganelliWeb Developer and Marketing Specialist from Stirling TechnologiesChris Paganelli is a Web Developer and Marketing Specialist at Stirling Technologies where his position focuses on building top-tier responsive websites for individuals and businesses and supporting the websites with a full slate of effective marketing services. In the past, Chris has been involved in small business IT networking, event videography and search engine optimization efforts. He received his bachelors degree in Computer Science from The University of Vermont in 2010.
- John PaulSenior Software Engineer from UTC Aerospace SystemsJohn Paul is a Senior Software Engineer at UTC Aerospace (formerly Goodrich / Simmonds Precision) located in Vergennes, VT. John has worked in various industries over his 20 year career including water/wastewater control systems, aerospace, and semiconductor industries. John received both a Bachelor of Science (EE) and Masters of Science (CS) degree from the University of Vermont.
- Jon Bondy from Vermont Rapid PrototypingJon's first job was as a consultant to the Director of Advanced Development at Burroughs. He then worked for GE Aerospace, creating custom microcode to do high-speed processing of satellite image data, and writing prototype software to measure the astronauts' contributions to the space toilet. He was also a consultant for Hayes Microcomputers, contributing to the development of prototype communications software.
He led a team that designed a computerized monitoring system for PECo's Peach Bottom Atomic Power Station. He has also designed and fabricated guitar bridges, and a Stirling engine that is used in university physics laboratories, including custom data acquisition and analysis software.
After working on his own for almost three decades, he now works developing and testing software for Data Innovations. In his spare time, he runs Vermont Rapid Prototyping and gives talks and demos about 3D printing.
- Lauren LavalleeMarketing and Recruiting from Logic Supply
- Marc McClanahanIntegration Services Manager from Allscripts Healthcare SolutionsMarc McClanahan is an Integration Services Manager at Allscripts Healthcare Solutions in South Burlington. He has worked locally for about 20 years in the Computer and Information Systems field with IDX Systems Corp., GE Healthcare, SymQuest and Continental Airlines. Marc resides in Colchester with his wife Kelly and their two teenage children Kyla and Lucas.
- Matt BolognaJava Developer at DDC from Dealer.com
- Michael CommoSoftware Developer from Galen Healthcare SolutionsMichael Commo is a software developer who lives with his wife in Colchester, VT. He attended Saint Michael's College where he obtained a degree in Computer Science. Mike began his processional carrier at IBM, where he became well versed in data warehouse design while acting as an ETL software developer, and in doing so, acquired an arsenal of query optimization techniques. He now applies these skills to the healthcare industry, developing custom software solutions for Galen Healthcare Solutions' many clients, as well as providing data-related consulting services. Recently, Mike was part of a team that took first place at HackVT 2013.
- Raymond Chang, Vice President, Office of Architecture from State Street CorporationRay Chang is a Vice President in State Street's Office of Architecture. Ray is helping the enterprise achieve its vision of private cloud computing, securely delivering client solutions with faster time to market at lower cost, with a focus on business intelligence and data warehousing.
At Fidelity Investments, Ray built multiple teams of Enterprise Architects, bringing diverse development groups into alignment across the enterprise and ensuring that leading edge technologies were successfully adopted. Ray also led software engineering teams at both Oracle and Wang Laboratories who were empowered to address customer needs and consistently brought new and enhanced products to market.
Ray received both a Bachelor and Master of Science from MIT Sloan School of Management. Ray serves on the Board of Directors for the MIT Sloan Boston Alumni Association and is part of the leadership team that produces the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium.
- Scott MacEwan from Bluehouse GroupScott was born and raised in New Hampshire and came to Vermont to attend the University of Vermont. He plans on never leaving (Vermont tends to do that to people). Scott graduated from UVM 2013 with a BS in computer science and a BA in mathematics. When he's not coding, Scott likes to ski, hike, camp, and play video games.
- Tabare GowonJava Developer from Dealer.com